I wrote previously about my friend Jim’s goal to walk 108 holes in one day — that’s six full rounds of golf — to raise money to help pay medical bills for Ballyneal caddie Ben Cox.
Jim has gotten a number of donations for people who donate money by early July. We’re talking some really big names. The prizes include:
- Two foursomes of golf at Ballyneal
- One foursome of golf at Dismal River in Mullen, NE
- One foursome of golf at The Kingsley Club in Kingsley, MI
- One threesome of golf at Hudson National Golf Club in Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Two nights accommodation at the Fairmont St Andrews and one round of golf at The Torrance or The Kittocks
- Two pairs of TRUE Linkswear golf shoes
- One threesome of golf and lunch at the Olympic Club, site of the 2012 U.S. Open. Includes a round at the par-3 Cliffs Course, time and schedule permitting.
- One threesome of golf and caddies at Skokie Country Club in Glencoe, IL
- One twosome of golf at Merion Golf Club’s East Course, site of the 2013 U.S. Open. Includes tour of the club archives and lunch or dinner
- One foursome of golf at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta, home of The Tour Championship
- One threesome of golf at Riviera Country Club, home of the PGA Tour’s Northern Trust Open.
- One twosome of golf at Erin Hills, site of the 2011 U.S. Amateur and the 2017 U.S. Open.
- One twosome of golf at Southern Highlands in Las Vegas, NV
- One foursome of golf at The Meadow Club in Fairfax, CA
- One foursome of golf at Galloway National in Galloway, NJ
- One foursome of golf at Chambers Bay in University Place, WA, site of the 2010 U.S. Amateur and the 2015 U.S. Open
- One foursome of golf at Lost Dunes Golf Club in Bridgman, MI
- One threesome of golf with a member host at either Kinloch Golf Club in Manakin-Sabot, VA or Stone Eagle Golf Club in Palm Desert, CA (winner’s choice)
- One foursome of golf at Sagebrush Golf and Sporting Club in Quilchena, British Columbia
- A foursome of golf with caddies at one of the following Trump National courses : Westchester, Bedminster, Colts Neck, Philadelpha, or DC.
This is really good stuff. This isn’t like winning a coupon for 2-for-1 greens fees at Brookview. There’s not a bad prize on the list.
Anyway, there is more info about Jim\’s crazy idea and how to donate to the cause.
Please take a look and consider donating.
One thought on “Merion, East Lake, Riviera or the Olympic Club. These are good prizes”
Great prizes. Great cause.
But hold the cracks about Brookview — eh?
There’s at least one Division 3 All-American working there right now!